King's College London,
The Rayne Institute,
4th Floor, North Wing,
St Thomas' Hospital,
SE1 7EH LONDON, UK
Computational science, machine learning and AI; medical imaging informatics in resource-constrained clinical settings of low-income countries.
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Imaging and Computer Vision
- Computational biomedicine
Invited Talks and Media
- Democratizing Innovation in Medicine with Computational Biomedicine. June, 2018. Interview
- Medical Imaging Informatics: An Opportunity to Democratize Innovation in Medicine. Parallel Forum: Applications and Challenges of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Statistical Modeling in Big Data Analytics, 19 May 2018, CERN, Switzerland (via Video). Online talk.
- Computational Medicine and Medical Imaging Informatics. January 2017, Grande International Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Modeling & simulation of longitudinal structural brain MRIs with atrophy in AD. Image Processing for Analysis and Modeling in Life Sciences. May 2016, GdR ISIS, Paris, France.
Honors and Awards
1st prize (popular vote) in MICCAI Educational Challenge 2014 at MIT, Boston. (Out of 16 submitted videos (2014).
MICCAI Travel Grant, MICCAI 2014.
INRIA Scholarship for studying Msc in Computational Biology and Biomedicine at Polytech-Nice Sophia, France (2011-12).
Erasmus Mundus, European Research and Educational Collaboration with Asia (EURECA) scholarship, to study as a visiting student at the University of York, UK (2009).
Team leader representing Nepal in an international robotics competition of the Asia Pacific regions with 19 participating countries (ABU Robocon Hanoi, Vietnam, 2007).
1st position in Nationwide Entrance Examination to get admission and full scholarship for the undergraduate studies in any engineering schools of Nepal affiliated to Tribhuvan University (from among thousands of students, 2004).
INRIA Sophia Antipolis-Méditerranée; University of Nice Sophia Antipolis
Polytech Nice-Sophia, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Université de Bourgogne, Centre Universitaire Condercet, Le Creusot, France
University of York, UK
Pulchowk Campus, Insitute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Intelligent Fetal Imaging and Diagnosis
Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher: @ BioMedIA
Masters Internship: Modeling and simulation of local atrophy in Alzheimer's disease.
Summer Internship: VHDL data stream library for advance image processing methodology.
Research Assistant, Innovation lab:
- Conceived and conducted a project on the development of a test platform for vision based ball tracking robot using FPGA.
- Instructor for lectures in C Programming for the first year undergraduate students.
Mentor for a robotics team
- Mentored eventual winners of the Robocup Nepal 2008, a nationwide annual robot contest for engineering undergraduate students.
Unofficial Mentor in ABU Robocon 2008, Pune, India
- Mentored a team that won Best Autonomous Robot Award out of the teams from 19 different countries of Asia-Pacific region participating in the international robot contest.
Volunteering and Professional Services
IEEE Transactions in Medical Imaging: 2018
Magnetic Resonance in Medicine: 2017, 2018
MICCAI: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Extra Curricular and Hobbies
- Best player and best batsman of the year awards on 2014 and 2015.
- Bowler of the tournament in 7-a-side tournament at Entrecasteaux, France, 2014.
4th round in National Table tennis open championship, 2003.