- Research Scientist at NepAl Applied Mathematics and Informatics Institute for Research (NAAMII, नामी).
- Visiting Researcher at School of Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences, King's College London and at BioMedIA, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, UK.
- Co-founder, President and Managing director at NAAMII.
- PhD from Asclepios (now Epione), INRIA under the supervision of Xavier Pennec and Nicolas Ayache
- Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, visual perception, information processing and their applications
- Medical Imaging Informatics and Computational Biomedicine (MIICB) to improve healthcare, medicine and the understanding of biology
- Identifying and working on research problems that are relevant to lower income countries in the field of MIICB
- Strengthening research capacity and engagement of LICs in Artificial Intelligence
- Strengthening scientific research capabilities of Nepal.
- Co-founder of NAAMII, a research institute with core expertise in computational sciences and AI, and focusing on solving global problems in the field of healthcare, agriculture, climate change, governance and social science.
- Founder of Science Innovation Nepal that collects resources useful for like minded Nepalese interested in doing research in/for Nepal, including a large database of Nepali scholars around the world.